The wholemeal pitta is made with our unique flour blend. The delicious pitta is hearty and wholesome, rich in fibre and nutty in flavour.
Once you have checked out we will be in contact to let you know when your order will arrive.
Wheat flour (wholewheat and white) water, salt, sugar, yeast, rye flour, semolina flour. May contain nuts and seeds (allergens in bold).
Free from any artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
Not suitable for sesame allergy sufferers due to the methods used in the manufacture of our product.
Storage and reheat
Having no preservatives or additives, our pittas have three days shelf life. Store in a cool dry place (best before date see label).
Freezing upon receipt recommended.
Our pittas freeze exceptionally well and will keep for three months (best before date see label).
Mamoosh pittas can be defrosted in various ways:
- Naturally: allow to come to room temperature slowly, for about 10 minutes;
- In a toaster: toast on medium setting, for 2 to 3 minutes;
- Oven: 180ºC, on the middle rack. Drizzle with a little bit of water and wrap in a foil for approximate 4 minutes;
- Microwave: on defrost setting, for 90 to 120 seconds;
- Grill: 2 minutes on each side under a medium hot grill (broiler);
- Steam: for best results, steam in a domestic steamer until soft and fluffy.
*All the timings are approximate*
Be careful of the steam inside the pitta, it will be hot, hot, hot!
Pitta is the must-have accompaniment to a mezze or BBQ. Our pittas will be delicious stuffed with your favourite filling. From the classic peanut butter sandwich to avocado and halloumi, toasted and buttered, cheese toasties or mini pizzas, the possibilities are endless.
Nutrition information typical values
|Nutrient||Per 100g||Per serving (1 pitta)||% RI* Per 100g|
|Energy||964kj / 228kcal||965kj / 228 kcal||11%|
|Fat of which saturates||0.2g||0.2g||1%|
|Carbohydrate of which sugars||2.4g||2.4g||3%|