Mamoosh pittas are our flagship product, the pride and joy of our bakery and the core of Mamoosh business. Our signature pitta bread is made with a unique flour blend and all natural ingredients. Baked in a purpose-built oven, Mamoosh pittas are soft, fluffy and with a natural pocket, sturdy enough to hold any filling.
Wheat flour, water, salt, sugar, yeast, rye flour, semolina flour. May contain nuts and seeds (allergens in bold).
Free from any artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
Not suitable for sesame allergy sufferers due to the methods used in the manufacture of our products.
Storage and reheat
Having no preservatives or additives, our pittas have three days shelf life. Store in a cool dry place (best before date see label).
Freezing upon receipt recommended.
Our pittas freeze exceptionally well and will keep in the freezer for three months (best before date see label).
Mamoosh pittas can be defrosted in various ways:
- Naturally: allow to come to room temperature slowly, for about 10 minutes;
- In a toaster: toast on medium setting, for 2 to 3 minutes;
- Oven: 180ºC, on the middle rack. Drizzle with a little bit of water and wrap in a foil for approximate 4 minutes;
- Microwave: on defrost setting, for 90 to 120 seconds;
- Grill: 2 minutes on each side under a medium hot grill (broiler);
- Steam: for best results, steam in a domestic steamer until soft and fluffy.
*All the timings are approximate*
Be careful of the steam inside the pitta, it will be hot, hot, hot!
Pitta is the must-have accompaniment to a mezze or BBQ. Our pittas will be delicious stuffed with your favourite filling. From the classic ham & cheese sandwich to grilled chicken, cheese toasties, mini pizzas or a vegan substitute to naan with your curry, the possibilities are endless.